All SEN complaints must follow the school's formal complaints procedure. We encourage parents to discuss their concerns, firstly with the class teacher and school's Inclusion Manager, Mrs Tracie Butcher, and then the Headteacher to try to resolve the issue before making the complaint formal to the Chair of the Governing Body.
Managing parental complaints related to SEND (any of the following may apply):
- The SEND governor is consulted.
- External advice may be sought.
- Key legislation regarding the matter is identified.
- Good levels of communication with the parents/carers are maintained throughout the process.
- Meetings with the parents/carers are arranged, perhaps involving a mediator such as parent support.
- Key issues are identified including where there is agreement.
- Discussions should take place with the Inclusion Manager.
- Reports provided by outside agencies should be considered.